Panel of Jury
Pat Brereton (Professor, DCU Ireland) is committed to promoting all aspects of Environmental Communication and facing up to our global responsibilities around climate change and securing a low carbon footprint. For the past number of decades he has been actively investigation the power of film and new media generally to speak to this green revolution. From Hollywood Utopia: Ecology in Contemporary American Cinema (2015) to Environmental Ethics and Film and his forthcoming Environmental Literacy: New Digital Audiences (2019), together with numerous academic papers and book chapters he is constantly striving to examine how audio-visual media can speak to the ’creative imaginary’ of environmental transformation.
Geetha Bakilapadavu is Associate Professor at BITS Pilani. She has over sixteen years of teaching experience and has taught courses in the areas of Literature and Film Studies, Short Film Making, Technical Communication and Humanities & Design. Her areas of current research include Film Studies and Digital Humanities. She was a visiting scholar at Georgia Tech University, Atlanta, in the summer of 2015. She has directed two short documentary films and has poems published in anthologies. Apart from journal publications, she has edited an anthology of essays entitled, “Exploring Science Fiction: Text and Pedagogy”. Currently, she is working on a Musical Documentary on the Music of Langas and Manganiars from Western Rajasthan
Our distinguished Jurors in the previous editions
- Prof. Anjali Monteiro, Professor (Mumbai Campus), Dean – School of Media and Cultural Studies, TATA Institute of Social Sciences (http://www.tiss.edu/view/9/employee/anjali-monteiro/)
- Prof. K. P. Jayasankar, Professor (Mumbai Campus), Chairperson -Centre for Critical Media Praxis, School of Media and Cultural Studies, TATA Institute of Social Sciences (http://www.tiss.edu/view/9/employee/kpj/)
- Prof. Salma Monani, Associate Professor, Environmental Studies, Gettysburg College, USA (https://www.gettysburg.edu/academics/es/faculty/employee_detail.dot?empId=04488634420013319&pageTitle=Salma+Monani)
- Alexa Weik von Mossner is a film and literary scholar at the University of Klagenfurt in Austria (https://www.alexaweikvonmossner.com/alexa-weik-von-mossner/)
- Michael von Mossner is a scriptwriter and producer for German television.